Saturday, January 28, 2023

Fisher Tracks

 


Activity on the camera trap line has been slow. Also. I need to be mindful about checking trail cameras with snow on the ground. Don’t want to leave a trail for anybody to follow.

The last snow fall dropped several inches of snow which created ideal tracking conditions. I’ve been searching for a decent fisher tracks to trail in hopes of locating a fisher scent post. I found one this week and set a camera trap. A fisher will rub its scent glands, urinate and or leave scat. This is its calling card and will typically be visited again and also attract other fishers. There is much more information on Google “Fisher Scent Post” Also been working on another fisher den project. I’ll share more on that at a later date. Hopefully we see more snow (for tracking) in February. I want to locate additional scent posts.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment