Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday the pickins' were slim. Not much moving in the way of wildlife, with only seeing a handful of chickadees and a pileated woodpecker. Wind stayed reasonably calm for the first few hours. I sat at waters edge for a while in hopes of seeing an eagle. None to be seen on this day

Sunday I ventured over to Quabbin Park. DCR was a little late in opening the gate so I decided to hike from Rte9 to The Enfeild Lookout.

It was an absolutely beautiful sunrise this morning. Before the suns rays broke the tree line I did see one single deer bounding away. I couldn't get a look at it. If I had to guess I would say it was a buck. The does I have been seeing in the last several weeks are in groups of 3-5.

 Typically with an early arrival  at QP you will find folks slowly riding the roads in hopes of seeing wildlife. This didn't bother the deer in the pic above. However, don't think you would of seen these deer unless you were walking.
 Big weather change coming in this week. The critters will really hunker down now!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment