Sunday, January 27, 2013

It was an interesting day. Left the house  early so that I could be well into the Quabbin Woods before dawn. That worked out real well with watching a beautiful sunrise. Nobody told the animals that I would be early. I didn't see but a few chickadees and one hairy woodpecker.
There were many tracks to be seen. Moose,bobcat,coyote,fox,porcupine, grouse and a few mice.
This mornings hike was just over seven miles. Today's miles reached a milstone of  600  miles hiking the trails and roads of Quabbin while carrying a camera.

I was able to get a decent pic of bobcat track. I did come across two seperate sets of bobcat tracks this morning.

 Pottapaug Pond and the north east side of the reservoir are frozen with the cold spell this week,  This morning I did watch the shorline for a while in anticipation of a predator looking for a meal.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment