Sunday, October 6, 2024

Bear Activity In Two Locations Still Good

 


I still have two active areas with bears. Both locations had scent marking trees during the bear mating season ( mid-May through mid-June) A sow with two yearlings passed a camera trap last week. I can only assume the family of three were the same bear family videoed earlier in September. It is hard to believe ( at least for me) that the 2024 bear season is winding down. Another five or six weeks and most bears will have gone in for their long winters nap.

It’s been another good year learning about  bears, I’ll share the details once bears den later this fall.

 I’ve been thinking about winter camera trapping projects.  Not sure what they are yet , but you can be sure I’ll come up with some ideas.

 

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment