Sunday, June 2, 2024

Missed Loon Photo Opportunity

 


While kayaking one morning last week in northern Massachusetts I caught movement on the edge of the lake. It was a doe walking along with a fawn. I would guess the fawn was only a few days old. It had no balance and stumbled as it followed its mother. Wind direction was perfect and the two were never aware I was watching with my camera from the water.

The lake has several loons that use it as a stop each spring before moving on to a quieter pond for nesting. I was hoping to get a few pictures of them on this camping trip . I missed it be a day. The day before the loons swam around feeding in the pouring rain. It rained all day and didn’t make for a day to be out on the water. I did see and hear them the following morning calling to each other at the other end of the lake . Unfortunately they moved on before I could get out on the water with my kayak.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment