Friday, December 30, 2022

Winter Scouting

 

This past week I’ve been out “Beating the Brush” looking for fisher tracks in the snow, deer sheds and new places to set camera traps. I finally located a fisher track on a dusting of snow on the ice. That didn’t provide much opportunity to do any tracking. The most important find was a secluded beaver pond. There are no trails or roads to this location. I guess the only folks that might happenstance onto this spot is a hunter or forager.  It’s certainly remote and an ideal location to set a number of camera traps. There is one lodge with fresh beaver chews in the area. I set two camera traps for the winter. Scouting the area showed signs of moose, deer, coyotes, fisher and porcupine. I’m hoping bears & moose use the area. Time will tell.

Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment