Saturday, December 3, 2022

What A Find !

 


I’ve been scouring topo maps looking for new areas to camera trap in Massachusetts. Don’t get me wrong, my current spots are working out well. I really enjoy bushwhacking looking for new terrain and camera trap possibilities. My research and efforts paid off! I identified two new locations that looked good on the map and would require a bit of effort to get to. The most promising spot turned out to be nothing more than a large vernal pool. That’s not quite what I was looking for. The second location appeared the least promising on the map and turned out to be a homerun. Actually I stood in amazement for a moment. A Beaver pond, 1-1/2 acres with a nice dam on it. A camera trappers dream! There are no trails or easy access to this location and there were plenty ticks. I’m looking forward to setting trail cameras in the spring.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment