Thursday, June 2, 2022

Massachusetts Coyotes


 

This has also been an exceptional year for camera trapping coyotes. In the Month of May, two locations twenty five miles apart have produced my best coyote videos ever. I’m not sure why that is. One location is new and the other I’ve been camera trapping for years. Suppose luck plays into it a bit. Right place right time.

It’s the peak of bear mating season in Massachusetts and I can’t wait to hit the camera trap trail tomorrow morning. To date camera traps have videoed twenty five different bears. Most bears can be identified by unique markings (white patches) injury, tag or collar. I’m pretty much going to stay the course with camera location now throughout the summer. Come late August I’ll start moving them to prime moose habitat.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment