Sunday, October 10, 2021

 



I find it remarkable the amount of sows with cubs that have show up in the relatively small area. The sow with four yearlings from last week appeared to be just passing through. Probably a corner of her home range that overlaps.

The sow that typically rules this area dispersed her yearlings late spring. I’m thinking that possibly with her being cub-less, is reason for all the centralized bear activity. Next summer when she is wandering her home range with cubs will tell the story.

I still haven’t quite got the picture of a sow with cubs crossing a beaver dam that I’m hoping to get. Lots of close pics though…. I changed the settings on most of the Browning TC’s to burst picture mode in a last ditch effort to capture a pic before the bears den for the year.

A review of all my bear videos for 2021 would suggest that I should consider placing camera traps on each end of the dam next year. Bear butts were the norm with getting several bears moving towards the trail cameras.

No doubt the 4000 miles hiked in the “Quabbin Woods” will be reached this month. Eighteen miles to go…… I’m excited about this mile marker. Not sure where this hiking quest goes from here.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment