Friday, August 27, 2021

Bear Trio Still In Area

 

This sow has two COY ( cubs of year) in tow. This is most likely the same sow that crossed a beaver  dam about a mile away in early June.  I moved several trail cameras to the back waters of this beaver pond in hopes of videoing bears. One hour after the sow and cubs were caught on trail camera a single bear followed in the exact same path.

Yesterday hiking to change out SD cards I had a bear step out a short distance in front of me. What a look of surprise on its face. I probably had the same look. lol

Certainly no shortage of water in Massachusetts with the record rain in July and tropical storm Henri. In my hiking yesterday I  tried to set a camera trap where a big bull was videoed last fall. Water levels prevented me from reaching that same area. I hope to relocate a number of camera traps prior to the early fall moose rut.


Jim





No comments:

Post a Comment