Sunday, November 17, 2019

No Bear Den Activity - Time Is Running Out !!

Bear den checks this weekend showed three of the four prospect sites with only one night time visit from a bobcat.Time is running out! I didn't see many acorns hiking this morning. I would guess that most bears have started there long winter's nap. I'll give it a few more weeks then pull the trail cameras .
I want to thank those of you that attended my " Camera Trapping Remote Beaver Ponds " at the Rutland Library. As always I appreciate you coming out and listening to my wildlife adventures. There were excellent questions and feedback.---- Thank You

Just a reminder, the battery life in a trial camera can be significantly reduced with the recent cold nights. I had put lithium batteries in my many cameras last March. The cold temps this week pretty much killed them all. Today I put fresh batteries in the few sets that are still out.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment