Saturday, February 8, 2014

Would I See A Snowy Owl This Morning?

I headed out to an east side gate somewhat  early this morning. I have been looking forward to a long snowshoe trek.  This should be a good morning for it.The sun's first rays touching Soapstone Hill was nice. My plan was to snowshoe from the east branch of Fever Brook to Graves Landing and hopefully put on enough miles to beat my previous  snowshoe milestone of five miles
That is Soapstone Hill on the left.
The snow was perfect with several inches in the wind swept coves to five or six along the shoreline.

The sun was EXTREMLEY bright. Yep ! I forgot my glasses in the truck.
I made it to Graves Landing. Perfect spot to have my morning snack. The hike back was somewhat easier using the same trail. I was pleased when I looked at my GPS.

Yes , I did see one snowy owl gliding along a distant shoreline

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment