Sunday, January 12, 2014

Break In Winters Grip

I Headed out to Gate 5 this morning. A short hike gets you right to the shoreline. The sunrise along with the temps in the low 40’s made for a nice start to the day. Wind was fairly calm. Standing enjoying the sunrise when out of nowhere comes the sound of chattering. A family of four otters were cruising the shoreline looking for their next meal. They were headed north.



I followed them until this tower caught my attention.


After investigating I continued on to the Gate 8 launch area. My trek back would take me bushwhacking most of the way. I was surprised not to see any eagles or maybe hear a winter loon. The main body of the reservoir was open. Guess I will need to head to the north part of the reservoir next weekend hoping to find a coyote wandering around looking for its next meal. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment