Saturday, December 15, 2012

In Know What That Chattering Is

This morning hike would take me to a small swamp. I was hoping that maybe I would find a moose  feeding.  No luck. .The waters edge was alive with warblers. Seeing them was the easy part, having them stay still long enough to get a picture was another story.While this was going on .I heard the familiar sound of chatter getting closer to me. Quickly postioning myself and camera I was rewarded with an otter feeding on swamp grass right in front of me never detecting my presence. When the otter retreated back to  other otters feeding ,I crouched down in hopes of staying undetected while anticpicatng where this threesome was traveling. BINGO !  One of the otters had a fish in it's mouth, slid up onto a downed white pine laying in the water.  While taking the pics you could hear the fish bones crunching in the otters mouth. A few branches in the way. Oh well it was  a neat experince.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment