Sunday, December 30, 2012

Absolutely a beautiful morning hiking. With 4/5 inches of fresh soft snow  sure made for quite walking . As soon as I crossed the yellow gate a fresh set of coyote tracks were in the road. With the woods so quite and light wind in my face, the anticipation a photo op was high. Walking was easy and QUITE As I worked my way to the reservoir. I crossed over several different deer tracks ,  one porcupine track and two additional coyote tracks. Just about to the shoreline  when a bald eagle flew out of a hardwood tree then headed for open water. Otters had already came through leaving there tell tail sign. A few mergansers were visible in a small area of open water. I sat and ate my morning snack hoping to maybe see another eagle. Not to be this morning, Hiking back to the truck three deer walked over my foot tracks in the snow. Nut hatchers were abundant in the hardwood trees.
Jim
Does Not Get Better Than This

Otter tracks sliding down to the reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment