Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Was I surprised to see the temperature at 30 degrees this morning. Put my camera , hiking equipment snack and water together and out the door at 6:00 AM. I headed to another east side gate that I haven't hiked in a month or so. I figured it would of been traveled heavy with the holidays and all. I couldn't be more wrong. Since the snow Saturday night only two hikers waked in about a mile and turned around. Where there tracks ended , critter tracks started. In my five mile hike I crossed over eight or ten different deer tracks. Most were traveling in groups of two, three porcupine, one fox, four or five coyote  and one I wasn't certain maybe an otter.
I had the place to myself with comfortable temperatures and little wind .
Well the frequency of hiking with the holidays has come to the end with today's hike.  I manged to get out seven times over the last two weeks. Unfortunately ( Thankful For A Job) back to the grind tomorrow. Will have to wait till weekends to hike.
With the cold front comimg in tonight will freeze up most open water
Happy New Year
Jim

I am guessing an otter or possum with tail. Will research later

No comments:

Post a Comment