Saturday, December 29, 2012

This mornings hike took me along the east side plowed and unplowed roads. I was surprised to hear the crunching of tires in the beginning mile of my hike. Met some folks out participating in the annual bird count. Liking the solitude and quietness with early dawn I took the first un- plowed road. Only walking a short distance I picked up on a dark object moving on the road. Looking through my camera I could see it was a deer. I attempted to close the gap undetected. However the ice crunching under my boots alerted the deer..
Eventually I made my way to the reservoir with only seeing a couple of mallards. Tracks were plentiful this morning with seeing squirrel , rabbit, deer, coyote tracks.-
Jim
                                                                            Coyote Tracks
 Winters grip just about to settle in. With the cold snap coming at the beginning of the week should freeze the coves.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment