Saturday, January 5, 2013


The northeast side of the reservoir made for a nice hike this morning. The sunrise added to the day. Wind was almost nonexistent until the sun came up. Then it got breezy at times. No photo opportunities this morning. I did see where an otter came out of the water and ventured into the hardwoods with coyote tracks following it. While sitting on the shoreline I did spot one distant eagle and several seagulls. On the hike back two mature bald eagles flew  out of a white pine not too far in front of me. I readied the camera in anticipation of a close pic with them flying. Both eagles soared just inside the wood line which prevented any pics.
A few years back I had the opportunity with participating in a spring eagle banding project on Wachusett Reservoir. I will dig the pics out and share in the next couple of days.

A  pic from this morning.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment