Friday, April 18, 2014

East Side Hike With Bonus



One could not ask for better weather.  Yesterday at dawn my ride dropped me off at Gate 29 in New Salem. My ambitious goal today would hopefully let me exit at the east gate entrance on Route 9  The starting weather was cold with the temperature at twenty five degrees. The warmer weather earlier in the week had the peepers singing in unison. Only a few pitiful sounding frogs would be heard as I started out.
 The air was crisp , keeping me hiking at a fast pace to keep warm.It wasn't too long before the sun started to rise.
The hike would meet up with the reservoir in several places.
Reaching East Street started to show promise of maybe completing this journey.
Stopping to take a drink of water, I spotted this treasure  hanging from a sapling glistening in the sun.
Late afternoon I reached Goodnough Dike.( pic at top of page). From there I had short distance to hike to my truck on Route 9. A rewarding day to say the least
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment