Friday, February 16, 2024

Fisher Scent Post Activity High

 

Picture above is a female fisher working a scent post

The major snowstorm that was supposed to hit central Massachusetts last Monday night ended up being a dud, with only an inch or so of snow falling. It was heavy and wet , the kind that sticks to the front of a trail camera. All my sets required a bit of  cleaning off of snow. A second dusting snow in the middle of the week made for good tracking. I located a track that worked its way through an outcrop of boulders. It took a bit of researching but I was able to identify the track as a long tail weasel. This is a first for me , it was a new addition to my tracking library. Fisher scent marking is very good right now. Two of the three scents post that I am monitoring have had twenty-four visits over the last three weeks. I added a white flash trail camera to the most active post. I missed some incredible nighttime  footage by a day.

Jim

Below are the long-tail weasel tracks I followed mid-week








No comments:

Post a Comment