Sunday, February 11, 2024

Bobcat Activity Increasing

 



Bobcats are highly active now. This week I was able to check many of my trial cameras. YTD bobcat TC triggers reached forty-one for the year so far. Time is running out for ice around beaver lodges. This week’s SD card check had open water around four of the six lodges, one abandoned lodge camera trap set did capture a decent daytime video of a  bobcat. The pic on the cover is a video grab. I did lighten it up.

Two of the three Fisher Scent Post sets have been active. The video shows a comparison between a male and female. https://youtu.be/NYhFxu2oIpQ 

A snowstorm with heavy wet snow is coming Monday night. That will certainly put a damper on checking camera traps sets next week. I am mindful about leaving a trail to any of my trail cameras.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment