Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hiked & Located All Quabbin Gates



This morning was an early start heading out to Gate 8 in Pelham. I was hoping for a glimpse of a moose and I wanted to see if I could find Gate 7 . An earlier attempt to find the gate a few weeks back driving in from Rte202 did not permit access. Private land  with no trespassing signs made for the effort this morning.
The hike  was cloudy with light snow,  which made for a nice walk. Not much moving, I did see several gray squirrels , one red squirrel and several chickadees.
I crossed several different moose tracks while heading up Juckett Hill. I did locate Gate 7 which completes my gate search . Over the last several years searching for the gates just added another purpose to go along with the hiking and photography.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment