Saturday, August 17, 2019

Missed Awesome Opportunity

This picture above could of easily been a DSLR picture :(
On Friday checking trail cameras, this was the last camera trap set to change out SD cards. It was hot and muggy and I contemplated not even going into this tough area to pull the cards. I was tired ,hot and still had nearly a 3 mile hike back to the truck. I talked myself into hiding my DSLR camera,        ( heck , I have never had a pic op hiking into this area) about half way to the beaver dam I heard some very unusual noises. I immediately went in to stealth mode to try and get a glimpse of the ruckus.
I peaked out a short distance from the beaver dam and there was a female bobcat scolding her kitten for trying to follow her across the dam. It was an incredible experience seeing this. I watched this bobcat cross in front of the camera trap I had set. The kitten didn't venture out far enough to reach the camera. I am kicking myself in the butt for not carrying my  DSLR camera as I have many times hiking into this area.

Well, at least I got to see it !
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment