Saturday, April 9, 2016

Scouting Other Areas

The title picture is from one of the many Massachusetts Wildlife Management Areas. This spring I have scouted out a number of WMA's and have found several that have ideal habitat for sitting with a camera. I will continue hiking Quabbin one or both weekend days. However I will occasionally spend a weekend morning sitting with my camera in a WMA.
This Fisher pic was taken at a NE Quabbin gate. I have only seen one other Fisher early dawn several years ago.
Blue Heron's are back and are claiming nests. This pic was taken in a Central MA WMA

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,

    Nice website! Based on your scouting, where do you think would be the best place to look for Fisher and/or Bobcat in MA? Are there any sites that allow nighttime access? The closer to Boston the better for me.

    Thanks,
    Ben
    www.tremarctos.com

    ReplyDelete