Sunday, December 15, 2013

I loaded up the snowshoes and headed over to Gate 43 first thing this morning. The four wheel drive sure got a work out! Was I surprised to see only about half the accumulation of snow we received. Barely enough to snowshoe so I left them in the truck. I enjoy hiking after a snow storm looking for tracks and this morning was no disappointment. Only hiked a hundred yards or so and cut a single deer track that crossed the road earlier in the storm. Two drainage pipes revealed porcupine dens. Crossing the spill way I was pleased to see several otter slides that were made prior to my arrival. The reservoir looked quite with the recent cold snap icing over the shallow coves. The hike back to the truck revealed where a cow and calf moose walked in my foot prints for a short distance on the road. The storm made for a quite peaceful hike Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment