Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday Shopping or Cold Friday Hiking ..........




No decision really…. Just thought is sounded good! Headed over to Gate 35 at first light. My hike today would start at the water to watch the sun rise, then I would hike over to Gate 31 boat launch to pick up the shoreline back to Gate 35. Dawn on the calm water is always a treat. No wildlife on the move this morning. Would be a good morning for a fire in the standing fireplace at Basset Pond. You can begin to feel winters grip settling in. The shoreline hike back did reveal a pile of bear scat. Upon return to my truck I met a fella that has seen several bears in the past week or so in the area. Surely the bears travel range will tighten up with these cold days and minimal food sources. I would think bear sign and sightings are just about done for this year. I did see a red tail hawk perched way off on top of a white pine tree The hike today put 5.5 miles on the ole hiking boots. j
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment