Saturday, July 6, 2013

800 Mile Milstone Reached

I was not sure I was going to reach my 800 miles hiked at Quabbin this weekend. Yesterday the deer flies were as bad as I have ever seen them. I would almost swear the bug repellent attracted them.
This morning I headed out just as you could see dawn setting in. Head net , light gloves made for a comfortable morning keeping the bugs at bay. When the sun reached the forest floor it made for a nice pic.
I did see two deer this morning, The first saw me and bounded off. The second didn't see me until I was about thirty yards from it.
Then moving real slow ,I was able to get  to within about twenty  yards .
Bear sign is becoming more frequent. I know that there is a sow and two cubs in the area. With any luck I will have a chance to get a few pics before fall.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment