Saturday, February 23, 2013

Nice morning for hiking even with the overcast skies. Small mammals and birds were busy with activity. Probably in anticipation of the coming storm .


 Heading back to the truck I met up with an east side regular who was on his hike in. . He just had an experience watching a bobcat. I enjoyed  listening to him share the story and hearing the excitement in his voice. He shared the location which was only about ten minutes away. I hustled in hopes of getting a glimpse of the Quabbin cat. Settling in at the location I watched in anticipation . After about fifteen minutes I moved and just caught a glimpse of the cat slipping away through a stand of white pine saplings. No chance for a pic. I was grateful to see what I did.This is the first cat I have seen in my Quabbin hiking quest.
I have talked to a number of folks in my Quabbin travels that have seen a number of bobcats over the years. Just need to be in the right place at the right time.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment