Saturday, January 12, 2013

Damp and foggy hitting the trail this morning. Today's hike would take me to a gate that I haven't been to in a while.  It wasn't long before  several deer tracks had crossed the road. The snow was soft and wet , perfect for detailed tracks. Walking slowly, I would watch the distant woods for sign of movement while keeping an eye on the road for tracks. Not very far past the deer tracks a moose had also walked up the road.  Good sign!
The road followed a oak ridge  down into a hemlock stand. Looking down and seeing this bobcat track heightened my awareness.
When reaching the reservoir a flock of mallards flew from a small stream. Not much to see  but fog looking out over the reservoir. I continued on for a short distance. My plan today was to settle into a small iced over swamp in hopes of a coyote or a bobcat walking the edge looking for a meal.
Not today. Jim
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment